SACRAMENTO, CA – The California Capital Airshow (CCA), presented by Sacramento County, in partnership with the City of Rancho Cordova, is ready to paint the town Blue and Gold with the arrival of the world famous US Navy Blue Angels! The Airshow will open its gates the weekend of October 1st and 2nd at Mather Airport with a heart-pounding lineup of performances and entertainment for the whole family. A variety of pre-sale ticket options are available online now here.
To kick-off the fun filled weekend and celebrate Navy Week Sacramento 2016, the Airshow will host a Performer Meet and Greet on Friday, September 30th, with a FREE ‘Paint the Town Blue and Gold’ block party from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Fans are encouraged to come meet the Blue Angels, hangout with their favorite Airshow performer and the Kings Dancers, win door prizes, listen to high-energy live music by the US Navy Band, the ‘Destroyers’, take selfies and so much more. The block party will be located in midtown at 1050 20th Street in Sacramento between J and K Streets. Tell your friends as this is going to be a party to remember!
In addition to the awe-inspiring Blue Angels performances on Saturday and Sunday – October 1st and 2nd – the skies over Sacramento will be screaming with the likes of the US Army Golden Knights, Royal Canadian Air Force CF-18 Hornet Demo, US Air Force F-16 Viper, ‘FIFI’, the iconic B-29 Superfortress and more. Fans won’t want to miss our nod to honoring the 75th anniversary of Pearl Harbor with an emotional tribute that will showcase the service, sacrifice and heroism demonstrated during the activities throughout the Pacific theater during WWII. This theatrical production will be emotionally narrated and beautifully choreographed to music with thundering pyrotechnics. For a complete list of performers visit the website here.
But the fun certainly doesn’t stop here! While entertainment in the sky is endless, it continues on the ground:
• Blast-off at Aerojet Rocketdyne’s Space and Aviation LaunchPad or explore, play and learn at one of the other interactive kid’s activity zones for fun, hands-on science and engineering activities including flight simulators, robots and more!
• Star in your very own video! Grab your friends and family and race to SMUD’s Flipbook Experience for a cool photo project to take home your own Action Flipbook.
• Stop by Lasher’s Elk Grove Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram Autograph Tent to meet your favorite Airshow performer and take a photo. You can even command the ramp at the Dodge Ride-n-Drive in a new top-of-the-line Ram Truck!
• Celebrating Navy Week Sacramento 2016, the Navy Band, known as the Destroyers, will deliver high-energy music of yesterday and today live before flying performances each day!
• Experience the sights, smells and sounds of historic World War II aircraft in Warbird Alley. Get up close and touch the airplanes, talk to the crews, teach the kids and then watch these planes FLY! You can also re-live history by purchasing a ride in the world’s most famous flying B-29 Superfortress. A limited number of seats are available each day.
“The whole family can enjoy a weekend filled with thrilling performances while exploring aircraft displays, attractions and interactive exhibits designed to promote science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM),” said Darcy Brewer, executive director of the California Capital Airshow. “At CCA we use the power and magic of flight to inspire young people. Our unique environment provides rare opportunities to meet pilots, crew, engineers and cutting-edge innovators who have used their STEM education to literally change the world!”
Bring your sunscreen, hats, and comfortable shoes, because the Airshow is ready for takeoff! Gates open Saturday and Sunday at 9:00 a.m. and close at 5:00 p.m. each day – flying will begin around noon. The much-anticipated show features tons of jet noise, jaw-dropping aerobatics, stomach-churning aerial jumps, and gravity defying routines that will leave you speechless and wanting more!
“The Airshow is a fantastic value for a full day of fun and the memories made will last a lifetime. Once inside the gates, you’ll be amazed at the abundance of entertainment on the ground and in the sky!” added Brewer.